NetHack With TilesNe.W.T. is a graphical interface for the games NetHack and Slash'EM. It aims to be as identical as possible to the original console/text interface but with graphical tiles rather than text.
Inside Ne.W.T.'s repository there is also a branch named lizard. Lizard is a modification to Ne.W.T. adding several of the patches to NetHack or Slash'EM. These are mostly my own patches and are for visual enhancement for example: Dark Room and Line Of Sight.
- Traditional "ASCII" text view. Use TAB to switch in real time between tiles or text
- Obeys all .nethackrc rules, this includes changing tilesets as set within this config
- Playable with mouse & keys or keyboard-only. All menu, item handling and of course basic gameplay keys supported and implemented
- Joystick Support - Yes, this is the only NetHack interface (as far as I know) that's playable with a Joystick or a Gamepad
- Zooming and scaling - resize your window how you want it and use your function keys to rescale the game according to your play area
- posbar support for when you prefer the game real close up
Similar Projects: Vulture, noegnud, Lizard